For the love of.. Chocolates..

CUPCAKES FOR ALL OCCASIONS, THEME WEDDING CAKES...

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Fika

Fika, Halal certified Swedish Cafe & Bistro. It's my second time there.





I remembered the first trip there, it was a quiet weekday afternoon. The food was a wee bit pricey for me and bro. We shared a plate of their Swedish Meatballs. Bro drank a bottled soda.


The second time round, I was with BFF and BIL. We were at Arab Street to get some fabric.


Wow, packed to the brim. Me being my usual self, was wearing shorts and t-shirts. It's forever hot hot hot in SG. It was a rough start with the waiter. He chose to entertain the scantily attired Ang Moh behind me instead. Hmph!


I helped myself to the outdoor seats, and a sweet waitress gave me the menu. Ok enough talk. Photos :D







I ordered this. Swedish Hash @ $17.90 before Service Charge (SC)
My review : Didn't know beetroot is so sweet. Plenty of potatoes and meat (beef). This is definitely different from your usual western food. I love my eggs sunny side up and runny. Perfect!

3.5/5





BFF ordered this Swedish Meatballs @ 16.90 before SC
Review: I still think eating meatballs with jam is fantastic. The meatballs are tender and goes well with the cream. Potatoes have buttery taste and herbs.

4.2/5



BIL ordered Baked Pasta @ $17.90.
Review : My BIL is a picky person when it comes to food. He said this is actually worth the price. It was gone before I could grab a photo.


4/5



Ambience : 4.5/5 I like the all-white concept. If you like IKEA, you will like this place.



Service : 3.5/5 The manager or the boss came up to us to offer a slice of cake and apologise for their shortcomings. Maybe she saw my 'black' face. I didn't take the offer. I thought it was a bribe. *Grins*



Overall, recommended especially for my Muslim friends who always wanted to eat those awfully good-looking meatballs at IKEA!



Address: No. 257 Beach Road/ Arab Street


Website: http://www.fikacafe.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment