For the love of.. Chocolates..

CUPCAKES FOR ALL OCCASIONS, THEME WEDDING CAKES...

Friday, August 13, 2010

The One With The Red Car

My very first challenge to create a 3 tier cake was last July. The final result was one I did not expect.



The request was from an ex-colleague. She had difficulty ordering from a well-known baker. She saw an engagement cake that I did for a friend and thought I should go for it. She requested for Disney Pixar Cars Mcqueen as the top tier.
.
.

.
.
So I saw this picture from Wilton's Cake book.
.
.

.

(HAYDEN'S FIRST BIRTHDAY)
.
This was my interpretation. Her final addtional request was a Ferrari logo.
.
.
For the cake, I've made two layers of chocolate cake with a layer of vanilla cake in between (something like Surabaya Cake). I've used Nutella spread and added whole roasted hazelnuts for crunch and iced the cake with peach flavored buttercream.
.
.
I had difficulty carrying the cake though. I think it weighed approximately 10kg!
.
Overall, good reviews!! Well, I've still got alot to improve on!

(Thank you Elsa for helping to promote the cake at Singapore Motherhood!)

.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment